Have your business’ social media profiles stopped growing and receiving engagement? Do you need a quick fix? Running a social media giveaway is a great way to increase engagement and to help boost those followers.
Here are our 9 top tips on how best to run a social media giveaway:
1. What’s your desired outcome from running a giveaway? Once you’ve answered this question you can decide what type of giveaway you run and on which platform.
2. Keep an eye on all social media platforms’ latest rules and regulations on competitions as they change them regularly. You don’t want to plan and create this amazing giveaway and then be caught out.
3. Create tight terms and conditions. Cover yourselves for any eventualities or technical difficulties. This can save you a lot of management time in the future.
4. Decide on the prize. Picking the prize can often be the hardest part of planning a giveaway. Determine what your budget is and whether the prize will be related to your specific service or product. Prizes with high monetary value tend to encourage the most entries.
5. Create a hashtag for your competition. Hashtags are not only a great way to keep track of your entries, but they are great for increasing exposure of the competition and creating conversations.
6. Plan well in advance. Giveaways work in much the same way as a story does; they have a beginning, middle and end. Ensure you are creating teasers and increasing hype before the giveaway is announced, this way more people will be prepared to enter.
7. Start with your current customers. Do you have a big mailing list? Reach out to your current customers and let them know where and how they can get involved. Ensure you use a catchy email subject line.
8. Consider paid advertising. Put aside some of your budget for some social advertising to promote your giveaway. This way you can target your desired audience and maximise the chances of more entries.
9. Have you considered partnering with an influential blogger? Working with the right blogger or influencer will help drive entries and brand exposure. Research and find influencers in your industry, check out their social media and blog, pitch the giveaway and make a contract.