PPC is not easy to master. That being said it is possible to get started if you are just looking to experiment with it. Here are a few tips to get you started. If you have any questions or want to take your PPC accounts to the next level, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
- Separate out high performing keywords into their own Adgroups with targeted Advariations.
- Separate Content and Search campaigns for better targeting.
- Use unique/themed destination Url’s to improve the user experience and reduce bounce rates.
- Use Adwords as an A/B testing platform to continuously test and improve Advariations.
- Low budgets? Have you considered Long Tail keyword lists?
- Brand campaigns, use PPC to effectively increase your Brands ad exposure on Brand related terms.
- Use Negative Keywords to improve the quality of traffic you are directing to your site.
- Use Broad, Phrase and Exact match types to hone the performance of your Keyword lists.
- Use adscheduling to maximise the effectiveness of a limited budget.
- Have you considered Yahoo! or MSN?
All the best, Sleeping Giant Media