Free digital marketing talks in Folkestone
Throughout this summer, Sleeping Giant Media, in conjunction with Shepway District Council, is hosting a series of talks on digital marketing, which is often the best and most cost-effective way of getting your business off the ground.
We understand that many companies don’t have big budgets and haven’t got the resources to take on an agency. So we want to equip you with the essential skills to take your digital marketing efforts into your own hands.
The talks are aimed at Kent-based SMEs and any small business owner who wants to learn more about the basics of digital marketing. Each talk will be completely free of charge with onsite parking.
Watch the video
Over the course of the summer we’ll be covering a range of topics.
Digital marketing essentials
- Social media for business
- Using SEO and PPC to make more sales
- Tracking performance using Google Analytics and other tools
- Using YouTube to drive sales
- SEO content writing basics
- Integrating digital marketing with traditional media
The talks will take place in the impressive Shepway District Council chamber room. Each talk will last for an hour and there will be refreshments provided. Free parking will be made available in the council car park.
This summer’s talks will be presented by various SGM team members, who are all experts in their field.
Talk 1: Digital marketing essentials
Date: 29th April
Time: 6.30pm – 7.30pm
In this first talk, you will learn about what the most important things are within digital marketing currently and how you can use them to increase your business’ visibility online. Digital is often misunderstood as being complicated and too difficult to do for small business owners. These talks are aimed at small businesses, or owner managers who don’t have big budgets and need the fundamentals to get started.
The talk will give an introduction to the core areas of digital marketing, and will include:
- What is the point of a website?
- CMS (Content Management Systems)
- How SEO works and why it is important
- How to run social media effectively
- PPC basics and how PPC can be used to drive increased business online
- How you can use Google’s free Analytics tool to help you understand your business
- Question and answer session with an expert team
Further talks will be on a monthly basis:
May 27th – Why social media is important to your business
June 25th – Using SEO and PPC to make more sales
July 29th – Tracking performance – Google Analytics and other tools
To keep up to date with the next talks and to book your place please email email@example.com or book online.
If you missed the first talk, you can see the presentation here: