We all know that great, amazing, unique, topical, useful content is what you need on your website. This is what gets you visitors, gets you engagement, and ultimately gets you to hit your end goal – whether that’s getting people to buy a product, sign up for a newsletter or enter a competition.
The thing is, creating this great content is only the first piece of the puzzle. If you don’t know how to effectively project it, promote it and amplify it, then that amazing piece of content could just go to waste. And no one wants that.
We’ve come up with five tips and tricks you can try to give your content the boost it deserves:
1. Create snippets – If you’ve created an amazing piece of unique content then it should give you plenty of little snippets that you can pull out and use on social media, in a bid to create some engagement and awareness around the content. These snippets could be a great statistic, a reworked version of the title or even a short quote. You can then share these on social.
2. Include your sources – If you managed to include some amazing quotes or statistics from some great sources in your content then make sure that they know the content has been published. If someone has been involved in the creation of the content then they’re far more likely to share it around, which means that a far wider audience will get to see it.
3. Adapt the content – A really successful piece of content opens up a world of opportunities. It could be that you decide to turn a written piece like a blog post into a video, to target a whole different audience. People are watching video now more than ever before, and it’s estimated that by 2017 video content will account for 69% of all online data traffic, so this is a big market to target.
4. Adapt it again – As well as video, there are a number of other ways you can adapt your content in order to get it to different audiences, or to give you different opportunities. Turning the information into a .pdf is a particularly good option. You can use this as a data capture technique by asking people to input their details in order to download your guide. This means that not only are more people reading the content, but you’re getting some new audience details that may come in handy the next time you want to promote content. Kissmetrics also recommend uploading the .pdf documents to sites and communities like Docstoc, Scribd and DocDroid.
5. Reach out to influencers – The key to making this step successful is reaching out to influencers who have already shared something like the content you’ve produced. If they’ve been interested in the topic before then it’s more than likely that they will still be interested in it, which means that you have a higher likelihood of getting them to share your content with their audience. After all, no one likes feeling like they’re wasting their time, so make sure that your chance of success is as high as possible. Try to engage with them on a personal level, and explain why you feel like this information would be of interest to them and their audience. If you can’t find their email address then don’t be afraid to tweet them.