CEO of Sleeping Giant Media & Giant Campus
Kent’s multi-award winning digital marketing entrepreneur…
About Luke Quilter
With an excess of 15 years’ worth of experience in digital marketing, Luke currently runs three businesses based in Kent and regularly lectures, coaches and teaches his expertise; specialising in search engine optimisation, pay per click advertising, social media, and business start-ups.
If you are looking for an inspiring thought-leader with proven industry experience to speak at your digital marketing event or to consult with you on business management, look no further.
Aside from helping to deliver award-winning digital marketing services to our clients, Luke is available to discuss digital marketing, speak at events, deliver digital workshops, TV & radio appearances and consulting.
Just get in touch and we can discuss how Luke can help your business, event or other opportunity.
Digital Marketing Speaker
Luke is available for speaking, lectures, and consultation in business management and marketing practices across a wide range of sectors.
His most popular talk, one he delivers within the Vistage network, is titled ‘Be Brave, Lead With Digital’. This talk breaks down the most important aspects of the digital landscape for businesses to consider and is applicable and tailorable to many levels.
Some of Luke’s previous speaking includes:
- Giant Talks, alongside The IAB, Bing, Google, YouTube & Feefo
- Internet Advertising Bureau UK
- B2B Marketing Expo London
- Google Partner Workshops @ Google HQ
- Kent B2B’s – various
… and many more
If you’re interested in having Luke speak at your event, please get in touch.
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2011 – KEiBA
- Olympic Torch Carrier 2012
- Digital Leader of the Year 2016 – Wirehive 100
- No. 1 for Customer Service 2016 – The Drum
- Employer of the Year 2016 – KEiBA
- Entrepreneur of the Year 2017 – Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce
- Entrepreneur of the Year 2017 – KEiBA
- Agency of the Year 2017 – The Chartered Institute of Marketing
- Director of the Year 2018 – IoD London & South
- Employer of the Year 2019 – KEiBA
- 27th Fastest Growing Business in Kent & Medway – Mega Growth 50 2019
… and many more!
The History of Luke Quilter
Sleeping Giant Media came about when I was studying a CIM course back when I worked for Holiday Extras. At the time I was working in the Online Advertising section of the business, responsible for quite a lot of digital spend. Due to the amount of spend, I set up a team of 12-ish (it changed a lot) people to manage, optimise and run the online advertising. We worked with a number of agencies and there was always something not quite right with them. They were great at either technical understanding or customer service, but never both.
As part of my project during my CIM course I had to come up with an idea for a business, so thought if someone could create an agency that can understand the technical elements, and apply them in a way that would be effective for the clients and deliver a fantastic customer service at the same time, they would probably do well. That evening we (Ant and I) made the agreement we would start Sleeping Giant Media ourselves.
After nine months of running it in our evenings and weekends, we made the leap. I sold my house, moved back to my parent’s place and Ant and I left full-time employment and headed for the dining room with a laptop, a fist full of determination and a bowl of soup (that’s all we could afford to eat for months).
Over ten years later, we employ over 60 people with our main office in Folkestone, Kent, with a few GIANTs working abroad across Europe. We’re Kent’s leading search and social marketing specialists, winning awards for both our customer service and the digital marketing services we provide. Our workplace culture is award-winning too, and has seen many the PR opportunity over the years. Yes, we have a ballpit and unlimited annual leave.
As we continue to grow, we still stick to our core purpose of delivering excellent technical skills mixed with amazing customer service. With our mission statement of “delighting our clients by empowering our people”.
A bit more about Luke Quilter
My qualifications include:
- Art Foundation Course
- Design Management for the Creative Industries (B.A. Hons)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Strategic Marketing
My notable achievments include:
- Playing hockey for England (many years ago)
- Travelling around world for 8 months and coming back alive
- Starting Sleeping Giant Media & Giant Campus
- Carrying the Olympic Torch was pretty cool
- Running 100k from London to Brighton
- Kayaking around the Kent coast (350 miles)
Knowledge Share With Luke Quilter
Want results like these?
So, you’ve seen how we do it — and you know what we’re capable of. If your brand or business could benefit from results like these, get in touch with us today to unleash your potential.